Defense Against Probation Violation Charges

A violation of your probation is essentially a breach of contract with the court. If you are not holding up your end of the bargain, a judge can terminate your probation and execute the original jail sentence or other deferred punishment.

If you have been arrested or notified about a probation violation, I can help you get back in the good graces of the court and get back on track with your programs to stay out of trouble with the law. I am David G. Moore, a probation lawyer who handles probation matters in the surrounding counties of Southwest Michigan. Contact me online for a free consultation.

Representation for a Wide Range of Probation Offenders

In my work as a defense attorney, I have represented juveniles, college students and adults in probation violation hearings, and I am familiar with all the scenarios in which people must appear in court to answer for:

  • Failing a drug or alcohol screening
  • Failure to report to the probation officer
  • Leaving the county or state without permission
  • Prohibited activities (entering a bar, hanging out with certain people)
  • Failure to complete counseling or treatment
  • Failure to pay fines and court costs
  • New criminal offenses

I can help you arrange a hearing and avoid arrest if you have a bench warrant for a violation. I can help you attend to any unfinished business to come into compliance with the terms of probation. I also help clients take proactive steps such as enrolling in classes or treatment, making restitution or other ways to signal to the court that the probation violation was a setback and that you are serious about getting back on track.

Contact a Criminal Defense Lawyer

I will protect your interests in court if you are challenging a violation of probation, or I can help you put your best foot forward in taking responsibility and asking the judge to remain on probation. I have handled misdemeanor cases in which clients faced serious jail time, as well as felony probation violations in which a stayed prison term was at stake.

Contact me online or call my Portage office at 269-216-4573 to discuss your violation and strategies to avoid imposition of the sentence. I offer a free, confidential initial consultation and affordable legal fees.