Defending College Students Against Criminal Charges
At David G. Moore, Attorney at Law, our experienced criminal defense lawyers serve clients throughout Southwest Michigan. Kalamazoo is a college town, and we have regularly represented students of Western Michigan University, Grand Valley State University, Kalamazoo College and Davenport University campuses.
Defending College Students Against A Wide Range Of Criminal Charges
David Moore, our founding attorney, is a criminal defense lawyer and former prosecutor who has more than 10 years of experience in the local criminal justice systems. Drawing on his insight, our legal team provides both resident and nonresident students with knowledgeable counsel and courtroom advocacy for:
- Underage drinking including minor consumption or minor in possession (MIP) charges
- College student OWI, DUI (drunk driving)
- College student drug possession and other drug crimes involving marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, acetyl fentanyl, 2C-E and more
- College student traffic violations including speeding and reckless driving
- Violent crimes including assault and weapons charges
- Sex offenses against college students, including sexual assault, rape and Internet sex crimes
- Retail fraud or theft
- Other misdemeanor and felony crimes
College students and their parents have unique concerns about how a criminal record may affect continued enrollment, scholarships, future employment opportunities and driving privileges. Our attorneys diligently explore all avenues to avoid a conviction if at all possible, and to avoid or limit jail time, license suspension, fines and other penalties.
Facing charges as a “stranger in a strange land” can be very stressful. If you are not a resident of Michigan, we are available day or night to help you deal with any arrest or traffic offense. We regularly represent out-of-state clients who are in trouble with the law, including college students or their visiting parents.
Contact A Kalamazoo College Student Defense Lawyer
As your criminal defense team, we will provide strong local representation and personalized attention. Contact us online or call our Portage office at 269-216-4573. We offer a free, confidential initial consultation and return all calls within 24 hours.